Specialty Surfactants Industry is Expected to Reach USD 29.2 Billion Globally in 2017: Transparency Market Research
According to a new market report published by Transparency Market Research"Specialty Surfactants Market - Global Scenario, Raw Material and Consumption Trends, Industry Analysis, Size, Share & Forecast 2011 - 2017", the global specialty surfactants market was worth USD 22.6 billion in 2011 and is expected to reach USD 29.2 billion in 2017, growing at a CAGR of 4.3% from 2011 to 2017. In the overall global market, the Asia Pacific region is expected to maintain its lead position in terms of volume and revenue till 2017. Asia Pacific is expected to enjoy 34.0% of global specialty surfactant market revenue share in 2017 followed by North America.
Brows Full Report at :
In surfactant production, raw materials account for over 65% of the total manufacturing costs. Cost of raw materials, especially vegetable oils such as palm oil, castor oil etc. have been steadily increasing over the past few years owing to rising demand from other sectors such as food, feed, biodiesel and so on. This increase in cost is in turn being passed on to the consumer which has resulted in an increasing price trend.
Owing to this, market revenues are expected to grow at a faster pace than market volumes. The global demand for specialty surfactants was estimated to be 13,986.0 kilo tons in 2011, which translated into revenues of USD 22.6 billion. Market volumes are expected to reach 17,662.6 kilo tons in 2017, growing at a CAGR of 4.0% for the period from 2011 to 2017.
Although anionic surfactants continue to remain the most widely used surfactant type, largely due to the use of LABS (Linear Alkyl Benzene Sulfate), non-ionic surfactants are expected to be the fastest growing category in the near future. Home and personal care continue to be the largest application market for surfactants, together accounting for over 65% of the total demand in 2011.
About 75% of the global detergent alcohol is derived from conversion of natural fats & oils, and the remaining 25% is produced synthetically from petroleum source. Since, 2009, Asia-Pacific has been the largest producer and consumer of surfactants and this trend is expected to continue for the next five years. With the acquisition of Cognis, BASF has emerged as the global market leader in surfactants, with Clariant, Akzo-Nobel, Kao and Stephens being some key participants.
A key trend in the market is the development of bio-based surfactants, which currently account for just 1% of the overall demand. Increasing environmental awareness and continued regulatory support for sustainable products, especially in Europeand North America are key drivers expected to fuel the growth of bio-based surfactants in the near future.
The global specialty surfactants market is led by Asia Pacific in terms of volume and revenue. Asia Pacific accounted for 31.6% of the overall market volume and 32.6% of overall market revenue in 2011. Household detergent and personal cleaning are the largest market for specialty surfactants. These markets are one of the largest in Asia Pacific, which is the primary reason forAsia Pacific being the largest market for specialty surfactants.
This detailed report categorizes specialty surfactant market into the following product categories and sub categories:
- Cationic surfactants
- Nonionic surfactants
- Fatty Al Ethoxylates (AE)
- Alkyl Phenol Ethoxylates (NPE)
- Anioinic surfactants
- Linear Alkyl Benzene (LAB)
- FAI Ether Sulfates
- FAI Sulfate
- Amphoteric surfactants
- Others (silicone, fluorosurfactants, etc.)
The application segments included in this report are:
- Home Care
- Personal Care
- Industrial & Institutional Cleaners
- Food Processing
- Oilfield Chemicals
- Agricultural Chemicals
- Emulsion Polymerization (Plastics)
- Paints & Coatings
- Other Markets
The geographies covered in this report include North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Rest of the World (RoW).
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. We are privileged with highly experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, who use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Brows Full Report at with TOC at: