Fatty Acid Esters Market will Rise Exponentially owing to Increased Usage in Numerous Niche Applications
Fatty acids are produced via hydrolysis of oils and fats. The hydrolysis takes place by utilizing sulfuric acid at low temperatures or in the availability of a catalyst. Fractional distillation is utilized for further refinement of these fatty acids and henceforth an ester is formed on a solid catalyst. Most commercially available fatty acids are generated from palm kernel, tallow, soy oil, tall oil, and sunflower oil.
Fatty acid esters are primarily divided into four major product types, namely glyceryl monostearates, medium chain triglycerides, sopropyl palmitate, and others, which include glycol esters, polyol esters, and sucrose esters. These products have a large number of niche applications. TMR, a market intelligence company based in the U.S., provides a bird’s eye view of the wide-ranging uses of these products and elaborates on how these products will help in fuelling the global market for fatty acid esters in the coming future.
Browse Market Research Report of Fatty Acid Esters Market: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/fatty-acid-esters-market.html
Glyceryl Monostearates: Glyceryl monostearates are widely used in the cosmetic industry as an emulsifier, thickening agent, anti-sticking agent, perfume dilutant, and greasing agent. Glyceryl monostearates are broadly utilized in creams, antiperspirants, sunscreens, and hair care products. Additionally, glyceryl monostearates are also utilized in formulating margarine confectionary and peanut butter.
- Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs): MCTs are used along with the usual medications in the treatment of disorders that are related to food absorption, namely diarrhea, liver disease, celiac disease, steatorrhea, problems of the digestive system caused by gastrectomy, and intestinal problems such as short bowel syndrome. Some other uses of MCTs include treatment of AIDS, gallbladder diseases, Alzheimer's disease, and cystic fibrosis, among others.
- Sopropyl Palmitate: These products act as lubricants on the surface of the skin and help in maintaining a smooth and soft appearance of the skin. Additionally, sopropyl palmitate can be utilized as a binder, which is the ingredient put into compounded dry powder mixtures of solids for providing adhesive qualities after and during the compression. Furthermore, it is also utilized as an emollient, anti-static agent, and thickening agent.
- Glycol Esters: Glycol esters have been utilized in the coatings industry owing to their remarkable properties, namely blush resistance, evaporation rate, leveling and flow out properties, solvent activity, and good coupling ability. Therefore, the leveling and flow, general performance, and gloss of a number of coating systems are a result of the usage of these products within the coating formula.
Browse Market Research Press Release of Fatty Acid Esters Market: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/pressrelease/fatty-acid-esters-market.htm
- Polyol Esters: Polyol esters are able to extend the operating temperature range of lubricants owing to their low volatility and superior stability. This is why the key application area of polyol esters is in jet engine lubricants. Polyol esters are also utilized in the industrial sector as lubricants for synthetic refrigeration. They are broadly utilized in operations involving high temperatures such as tenter frames, oven chains, and industrial oven chains, among others. In these high-temperature operations, polyol esters present a number of benefits such as reduced maintenance, less disposal and smoke, and reduced energy consumption.
- Sucrose Esters: These are broadly utilized in the cosmetic and food industries and in various pharmaceutical fields, as they are biodegradable excipients with highly prized solubilizing and emulsifying properties. The most popular usage of sucrose esters is in drug absorption and improvement of drug dissolution.