Global Nurse Call Systems Market to Witness Increasing Integration with Wireless Communications Technology
Nurse call systems are increasingly offering a viable solution to healthcare organizations around the world. These systems are making a positive difference in these organizations as they enable patients to send requests directly to the right member of the care team. Recently, Stillwater Medical Center in Oklahoma installed a system to improve workflow and patient experience. This healthcare system involved integration of electronic health record and Vocera(R) Communication system. Furthermore, Stillwater Medical Center also integrated their nurse call system with Vocera System. This allowed patients to interact with the right care provider in the team.
Browse Market Research Report of Nurse Call Systems Market: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/nurse-call-system-equipment-market.html
Integrated Communication Systems Account for Majority of the Market Share
The global nurse call systems market is witnessing increasing integration between several technologies. According to Transparency Market Research (TMR), the integrated communication systems sector accounted for almost 75% of the global nurse call systems market in 2014. The trend of integrating nurse call systems with other healthcare systems is expected to drive the global nurse call systems market. TMR states that the global nurse call systems market will develop at a 13.9% CAGR during the forecast period from 2014 to 2020. In 2014, the global nurse call systems market was worth US$598.50 million and by 2020 the market is expected to be worth US$1,579.50 million.
Integrated Nurse Call Systems Enable Patients to Directly Connect with Caregivers
Integrated nurse call systems offer many benefits.
- In a hospital environment, the most important feature of wireless phone is its ability to display a text message. The integrated nurse call systems also allows a caregiver to communicate directly with the patient.
- These systems also allow patients to speak with the caregivers on the move via a single touch that is next to their bed
- Integrated nurse call systems with wireless phone help save valuable time. This supports quicker communication among the staff and physicians.
- These systems assure caregivers as they are constantly connected to the patients and the doctors from any location in the building
- Integrated nurse call systems are capable of prioritizing responses. This helps fight alarm fatigue for caregivers.
Rising Integration of Nurse Call Systems with Wireless Technologies
One of the most notable trend in the global nurse call systems market is that of integration of wireless phones with nurse call systems. This is established using VoIP and SIP technologies. Though currently, the wired nurse call communication equipment accounts for the larger share of the global nurse call systems market, it is expected to undergo a dynamic change in the coming years. The rising demand for mobility along with flexibility is projected to drive the demand for wireless nurse call communication equipment in the foreseeable future.
The latest nurse call systems are based on the IP technology. These systems are integrated with a broad range of hospital information systems such as pagers, equipment alarms, wireless telephones, and locator badges.