The global OSS/BSS market, as stated by Transparency Market Research, has already witnessed strong growth in the past and if market analysis is to be believed, the industry is expected to develop even more rapidly over the next five years. The OSS/BSS market was estimated to be worth US$21.86 billion in 2013 and is projected to rise to US$49.78 billion by 2020 at a strong CAGR of 12.7% during that period.
Browse Market Research Report of OSS/BSS Market:
Driving Forces of the Worldwide OSS/BSS Market
There are several factors that have contributed to the growth of the global OSS/BSS market, as identified by a TMR report. These include:
- Rising adoption of convergent billing solutions by networks, subscribers, and services across the globe
- Growing demand for consistent high-speed connectivity in the developed markets of Europe and North America
- Rapid development of the telecommunications industry, especially in emerging economies such as China and India
- Surging demand for interactive, timely, and efficient customer care services
- Network operators deploying service assurance and service fulfillment solutions in adherence to telecommunications standards and regulations
- Rollout of the new generation of operation systems and software (NGOSS) framework and development of a repository of models, documents, and guidelines
- Increasing demand for revenue management solutions in Asia Pacific and Rest of the World regions owing to diminishing average revenue per user (ARPU)
Collaborations and Strategic Alliances Strengthening Competitive Landscape
There have been numerous partnerships, joint ventures, mergers, and acquisitions in the global OSS/BSS market, which have changed the face of the vendor landscape to a great extent.
In March this year, Wipro Ltd. – a major information technology, business process services, and consulting company – joined hands with leading real-time billing and charging solutions firm Orga Systems to deliver a pre-integrated BSS solution. Wipro’s ‘Telco-in-a-box’ caters to communication service providers and mobile virtual network operators and was launched at this year’s Mobile World Congress held in Barcelona.
Telecom network vendor Ericsson announced last week its acquisition of Icon Americas, an IT services company dealing in OSS/BSS areas. Ericsson said that the move was aimed at boosting its presence in the Latin American telecom market and expanding OSS/BSS solutions in the region. Ericsson also acquired the telecommunication wing of China-based Sunrise Technology earlier in March, looking to strengthen its foothold in the world’s largest mobile market in terms of subscriptions. Seeking to increase its presence in the OSS/BSS market, Ericsson has in the past acquired many companies such as TimlessMIND in 2015, GEOSS in 2014, Telcocell and TeleOSS in 2013, and Telcordia in 2012.
Browse Market Research Press Release of OSS/BSS Market:
Other significant players operating in the global OSS/BSS market include Tata Consultancy Services Limited, IBM Corporation, Hewlett Packard Company, Accenture PLC, Oracle Corporation, Telefonaktiebolaget L. M. Ericsson, Amdocs, Inc., Tech Mahindra Limited, and Alcatel Lucent S.A.