Liquefied Petroleum Gas Market to Surge owing to Growing Utilization in Food Processing and Chemical Production
Liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) is a sustainable, efficient, and clean-burning fuel and is a key source of energy for thousands of homes worldwide. LPG is a combination of butane and propane. LPG features high caloric or heating value, meaning that it provides a great level of heat from a short volume of gas. LPG is utilized in various agricultural, industrial, manufacturing, and horticultural applications.
TMR, a market intelligence company, studies the 5 major application areas of LPG and elaborates upon the various qualities of LPG by highlighting its usage in these niche areas.
Browse Liquefied Petroleum Gas Market Report with Full TOC at http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/liquefied-petroleum-gas-market.html
- Food Processing: LPG is broadly utilized in a number of food processing systems owing to its clean burning properties. A number of bakeries and manufacturers of chips, chocolates, and biscuits are inclined towards LPG as an energy option to reduce contamination risk. Furthermore, LPG is also utilized in slaughterhouses for sterilization. It is utilized in pork butchery in the process of drying, smoking, and cooking. Furthermore, it is also utilized in the dairy industry for pasteurization purposes.
- Metal Processing: Metallurgy utilizes heat treatments for meeting the demand for highly specialized metals. This is carried out by utilizing a thermal cycle that can heat, maintain a high temperature, and then provide cooling. The heat treatment requires a controlled environment and such an environment is provided via furnaces fueled by LPG. Utilizing LPG within this process enables the industry to manufacture high-quality products owing to the flexible utilization and reduced maintenance cost of LPG.
- Printing and Chemical Production: The making of paper, pulp, and cardboard requires a lot of energy. While fuel oil is utilized in pulp manufacturing, LPG finds its applications in cardboard, paper, printing, and manufacturing processes. Although steam boilers are widely used in chemical engineering, LPG-based heat exchangers are utilized in a number of stages in the process. By utilizing LPG, chemical processes are enhanced owing to the excellent temperature regulation property of LPG and its high energy yield.
Browse Press Release
- Fuel for Vehicles: The most common use of LPG is in vehicles as the main source of fuel. LPG utilized as a transportation fuel is called as autogas. It is the cheapest, cleanest, and greenest available substitute to gasoline and more than 1,400 refueling sites in the U.K. alone provide LPG. It burns more efficiently than both diesel and petrol and is therefore utilized as an ignition fuel. Its energy efficiency is also beneficial in reducing the impact of automobiles on the environment.
- Forklifts and Other Commercial Uses: LPG has proven to be excellent in meeting air quality regulations at workplaces and thus is utilized to power fork-lift trucks both outside and inside warehouses. Being both soot-free and lead-free, LPG has reduced the rate of carbon monoxide emission and is hence required in order to sustain a pollution-free environment. LPG is broadly utilized in many agricultural and industrial applications owing to its low GHG emissions and versatility. It is utilized in grain drying, cutting, poultry farming, welding, producing food, powering machinery, shrink-wrapping, de-frosting, furnaces or kilns, and powering industrial ovens, among others.