Vinyl acetate monomer, also called as VAM, is a colorless liquid with low viscosity, and has a pungent odor. It is a prime raw material utilized in making chemicals that are then utilized in manufacturing a broad range of industrial and consumer products. Vinyl acetate monomer is produced by the reaction of acetic acid and ethylene with oxygen when a palladium catalyst is present. VAM is formed by scrubbing and condensation and is purified by the process of distillation. It is usually stored in steel storage tanks or reconditioned steel drums and is transported via tank trucks or bulk vessels.
In terms of applications, the VAM market is segmented into polyvinyl alcohol, polyvinyl acetate, ethylene-vinyl acetate, vinyl acetate ethylene, and ethylene-vinyl alcohol, among others. The global market for vinyl acetate monomer is expanding owing to increasing demand for adhesives from three main end-use industries, namely construction, furniture, and packaging. TMR, a market intelligence company, studies the various applications of VAM, thus providing a bird’s eye view on the key benefits of VAM:
Browse Vinyl Acetate Monomer Market Report with Full TOC at http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/vinyl-acetate-monomer-market.html
- VAM is a major raw material utilized in the production of polyvinyl alcohol and polyvinyl acetate (PVAc). Around 80% of the world’s VAM is utilized in making these two chemicals. VAM is also utilized for making ethylene vinyl alcohol (EVOH) resins, ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymers, and polyvinyl butyral (PVB).
- PVAc resins are thermoplastic copolymers that contain vinyl acetate utilized for manufacturing latex products. PVAc resins are produced in both copolymer and homopolymer types. They are sold in powder form, latex base stock, and beads, and are majorly utilized in paper coatings, exterior and interior paints, textile treatments, and adhesives.
- Polyvinyl alcohol resins (PVOH) are powdered polymers and easily dissolve in water. PVOH resins comprise very good adhesive and film forming properties and impart excellent resistance to many solvents, grease, and oil. Key application areas include in the form of a protective colloid in adhesive PVAc products and for making water-soluble fibers and films, among others. PVOH acts a precursor in polyvinyl butyral (PVB), which is utilized for laminated glasses in buildings and automobiles.
- Ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) is a copolymer of ethylene and vinyl acetate monomer. EVA resins have been utilized in packaging film manufacturing, extrusion coatings, heavy duty baggage, hot-melt adhesives, and cable and wire jacketing, among others.
- Ethylene vinyl alcohol (EVOH) is a hydrolyzed copolymer of vinyl acetate monomer and ethylene. EVOH resins have been utilized as gas barriers within multi-layered beverage and food packages. They are also utilized as barrier layers in automobile gasoline tanks. The rise in demand for EVOH films from the food manufacturing industry is poised to fuel the market for vinyl acetate monomer in the forthcoming years.
Browse Press Release
Dairen Chemical Corporation, Celanese Corporation, LyondellBasell Industries, Sinopec, Sipchem, The Dow Chemical Company, and Kuraray Co. Ltd. are the prominent manufacturers in the market for vinyl acetate monomer.