Increasing Proliferation of Next Generation Automated Blood Processing Devices to Propel Blood Processing and Consumables Market
The increasing incidence of infectious diseases and infections spreading via blood donation route is a key challenge for the blood industry. Spread of diseases such as hepatitis and acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) through blood donation are amongst the primary concerns threatening blood supply globally. The global blood processing devices & consumables market is experiencing growth owing to the increasing initiatives taken by government and the rising count of surgical procedures. The market is also supported by the favorable reimbursement policies introduced worldwide and the rising automation of devices in blood processing.
The traditionally-utilized manual methods for blood processing came with a number of challenges and made it difficult to maintain data regarding product and process control, regulatory requirements, recording and tracking, and staffing issues. Hence, automated devices such as whole blood collection devices and automated cell processors are currently holding the largest share in the market. The methods of manual blood processing and collection have been struggling to pace up in sales volume and demand. Automated blood collection and processing devices enhance the operational efficiency and save time due to which these devices are witnessing high demand.
TMR, a market intelligence company throws light on the recently introduced automated blood processing devices. These next generation systems provide faster, better, and more advanced methods of blood processing. The key features of these systems are as follows:
- Newly launched systems utilize centrifuge for the separation of whole blood into its components including plasma, red blood cells, and platelets and utilize touch screen graphical interface for the ease of operation.
- These cutting-edge systems are able to reduce the total number of steps needed for the processing of whole blood. In addition, the number of standard operating procedures, the hands-on time needed, and the amount of equipment can also be reduced by deploying these systems.
- These systems are able to define multiple platelet products with customized concentration, volume or yield for each of the platelet
- They are high quality and consistent components owing to their enhanced process control unlike the traditional manual processing systems
- They are capable of processing four units of whole blood within a single run
- These systems automate the process of volume reduction of blood and present consistent coat concentration volumes
- They also permit simultaneous processing on a number of cord blood units in a single centrifuge
- These systems deliver precision hence, improving both product quality and product output
Browse Research Release:
However, despite experiencing an overall rise in demand, blood processing devices are not gaining traction in healthcare centers and clinics located within the underdeveloped economies. To overcome this challenge, a number of top manufacturers are looking forward to penetrate into these remote areas. Furthermore, the advancement in cell therapies may also benefit both manufacturers and consumers within the blood processing devices